Wednesday, September 17, 2014

NEW things (and LIFE) to come!!



So this year has almost passed and I just realised how long ago I actually did a proper blog post on my blog! For those of you who doesn't already follow me on facebook.... this post is for you guys!!!

If you browse through my blog, you'll see that my last photography post was September last year! It's definitely not the last wedding or the last shoot I did since then! So much has happened in the mean time. I've shared most of this year's weddings and shoots on my facebook page, as it was just way easier to do that than to do a blog post! And this year has been such a rush in more than one way.

In January my husband and I found out that we're expecting our first little one!!! How blessed are we that everything has been going great with my pregnancy so far and we are in awe that there is only one month left before we meet our beautiful little girl, Abigail. I am speechless and humbled at the grace and favour God has shown us so far. 





With the knowledge that I would not be able to take in any work during the last four months of this year (slap bang in the middle of my wedding season!!!), we could only hope that enough work would surface during the first half of 2014, which can be stressful if you work for yourself and don't know what to expect before a wedding season starts. As faithful as I know my Creator and Provider is, He provided me with almost double the amount of weddings I usually get during the first half of the year! YES, you heard correct... !!! From January through July, I've photographed 18 weddings!

So, with that being said, the real reason I've been so scarce on my own blog is because I had so much work that I'm now only gaining control over my editing again ..hehe! (The morning sickness and pregnancy fatigue didn't help much either.... :P)

This new life that is on the way inspired me to work on some new ideas for my business as well and there are so many exciting things you can all look forward to next year. For one, I've decided it is time for new branding, new logo and BRAND new website!!! So keep a close eye on my blog a bit closer to January. Just give me some time to adjust to a life with a little person. Hehe!! Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

For those of you who were planning on having your pictures taken by me, I've decided to take it easy for the last month before my due date in October and I'll be taking maternity leave until mid January. Hope to see you then!!!

Xxx   


No comments:

Post a Comment